This week we finished assembling and sanding the cabinets so that we could move onto the best part: Shellac! We have decided to use Zinssers Amber Shellac and Clear Shellac, 3 coats of each. The shellac really brings out the grain of the wood.
Originally we planned to use the “French Polish” method, however it did not cover well and left lots of blotchy areas. We quickly switched to using very nice stain brushes and the coverage was much more even.
Jeff’s dad will be back in 2 weeks to help us install the cabinets. We will also start building the walls. We may have the shell of a trailer soon!
Leave a Reply